The ŠKODA VisionS incorporates the brand’s new design language, carrying it over into the SUV segment: the design is clearly influenced by Czech Cubism and the tradition of Bohemian crystal art. The lines are precise, sharp and clean-cut; the distinctive interplay of light and shadow on the contoured surfaces creates exciting effects, which are accentuated by the Island-Green color.
With a 2.79-meter wheelbase, at 4.70 meters long, 1.91 meters wide and 1.68 meters tall, the ŠKODA VisionS makes a bold statement on the road. Based on the Volkswagen Group’s Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB), this is ŠKODA’s first vehicle to feature six seats across three rows.
Another highlight of the concept vehicle is its plug-in hybrid drive: with 165 kW (225 hp), the show car accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.4 seconds with a top speed of almost 200 km/h. 1.9 litres of petrol is all the car needs to travel 100 km (45 grams CO2 per kilometre). The ŠKODA VisionS can go up to 50 km on electric alone, and will travel up to 1000 km with both systems combined.
The internal combustion engine is a 1.4 TSI with 115 kW (156 hp) and 250 Nm of torque. This works alongside an e-motor that provides 40 kW of continuous power and 220 Nm peak torque. It is integrated into the six-speed DSG, which directs the power to the front wheels. A second electric motor with up to 85 kW and 270 Nm of torque drives the rear axle. This works independently of the front axle drive, meaning the show car has a smart four-wheel drive, which requires no mechanical coupling. The three engines cooperate in a highly flexible manner: The driver of the ŠKODA VisionS can choose between several modes of operation – from purely electric drive to charge modes, always with the goal of maximum efficiency. The lithium-ion battery with a 12.4kWh capacity is positioned in front of the rear axle.
ŠKODA has responded to the rapidly growing scope of information and the passengers’ desire to communicate by introducing automotive digital networking (mobile services), providing large displays for optimum vehicle and infotainment services for all passengers, who can connect to the network several ways from each seat in the vehicle.
The ŠKODA Octavia RS 4×4 will also be celebrating its debut at this year’s motor show: ŠKODA’s top-of-the-range Octavia is available as a saloon or estate with the 2.0 TDI engine with 135 kW (184 PS) and DSG transmission. With a drive unit, which is both sporty and safe, the Octavia RS 4×4 makes a strong partner for families, work and leisure. The car accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.6 seconds and reaches a top speed of 228 km/h. In NEDC, the model will manage 4.9 litre diesel per 100 km; CO2 equivalent of 129 grams per km (all values for sedan).
The ŠKODA Octavia G-TEC is particularly economical: It currently costs less than four euros in fuel to drive this model 100 km. On request, ŠKODA can fit the natural-gas car with DSG transmission. The 1.4 TSI provides 81 kW (110 hp) per km, emits less than 100 grams of CO2. The ŠKODA Octavia G-TEC is available in saloon and estate versions.
ŠKODA’s ScoutLine range also continues to grow. Alongside the Rapid Spaceback ScoutLine, there is now the ŠKODA Fabia Combi ScoutLine – with its unique off-road look and attractive, practical equipment features. Three petrol engines with 55 kW (75 hp), 66 kW (90 hp) and 81 kW (110 hp) and three diesel engines with 55 kW (75 hp), 66 kW (90 hp) and 77 kW (105 hp) are available.
ŠKODA at the 86th Geneva International Motor Show 2016:
– ŠKODA location: Hall 2, Stand 2160
– ŠKODA Press conference: 1 March 2016, 8.25 am – 8.40 am
– Number of ŠKODA vehicles on show on the first press day: 8 vehicles (ŠKODA VisionS, ŠKODA SuperbSportLine, ŠKODA Octavia Combi RS, ŠKODA Fabia Monte Carlo, ŠKODA Octavia Scout, ŠKODA Fabia Combi ScoutLine, ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback ScoutLine, ŠKODA Superb Combi L&K)
– Number of ŠKODA vehicles on show on the second press day: 13 vehicles (ŠKODA VisionS, ŠKODA Superb SportLine, ŠKODA Octavia Combi G-TEC, ŠKODA Fabia Monte Carlo, ŠKODA Octavia Scout, ŠKODA Superb Combi L&K, ŠKODA Octavia Combi G-TEC, ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback Joy, ŠKODA Fabia Combi Joy, ŠKODA Yeti Outdoor Joy, ŠKODA Citigo Monte Carlo, ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback Monte Carlo, ŠKODA Yeti Monte Carlo)
– Number of ŠKODA vehicles on show on the public open days: 13 vehicles (ŠKODA VisionS, ŠKODA Superb SportLine, ŠKODA Octavia Combi RS, ŠKODA Fabia Monte Carlo, ŠKODA Octavia Scout, ŠKODA Superb Combi L&K, ŠKODA Octavia Combi G-TEC, ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback Joy, ŠKODA Fabia Combi Joy, ŠKODA Yeti Outdoor Joy, ŠKODA Citigo Monte Carlo, ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback Monte Carlo, ŠKODA Yeti Monte Carlo)
– Press days: 01.03. – 02.03.2016
– Public open days: 03.03. – 13.03.2016