11. How did you enjoy the photoshoot with the KAROQ? Did you get to do any cycling in Scotland?
The photo shoot was an experience! I was not expecting the weather to be as cold or windy as it was but I battled through the storm! Enjoyed the challenge. I was only in Scotland for one night so I didn’t get a chance to explore the area. I would definitely like to go back on a cycling trip, though.
12. What advice would you give to women who are complete novices just starting off in the sport?
I would say that they should contact local clubs and enquire about beginner spins. It can be intimidating heading out on a group ride as a beginner (especially when, as a woman, you’re often outnumbered by men), but most clubs cater to newbies. Clubs want to encourage newcomers, so don’t be worried about being “too slow”, as a weekend group spin should only be as fast as its slowest rider.
13. When you are travelling with your bike, what are your must-have items?
Helmet, cycling shoes, eyewear, kit. What else does anyone need?
14. What is the best cycling experience you’ve had to date?
Probably racing our first Team Pursuit at the World Cup in Manchester. We had never been to a World Cup before so performing in front of a stadium of people with commentators saying our names and cameras recording was absolutely terrifying... but what a thrilling experience!
15. Any ride on your bucket list? What race?
I would love to compete in a World Championship race one day, either on track or road.